Enriched with the goodness of balsamic vinegar and Italian tomatoes, the Balsamic Ketchup is a gift to the taste buds. This Ketchup blends wonderfully with boiled and grilled foods. It serves as an excellent accompaniment to hamburgers, fried potatoes, and much more.
How to Make Your Homemade Gourmet Balsamic Ketchup
To prepare homemade Balsamic Ketchup, you will need to follow the following instructions;
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preparations: Cook garlic cloves in oil over medium heat for about a minute (until golden). Add vinegar and boil over medium heat until slightly thickened (2 minutes). Stir in the ketchup, mustard, sugar, allspice, ground cloves, cayenne pepper, and salt and allow to boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer with an occasional stirring for 5 minutes until the mix is thick and well blended.
Benefits of Gourmet Balsamic Ketchup
- Balsamic vinegar contains anti-bacterial properties which help treat infections and wounds
- Balsamic can reduce cholesterol levels.
- Balsamic vinegar may act as an appetite suppressant aiding in weight loss.